Sunday, July 31, 2011

Welcome aboard!

Drifting into Monterrey


Hello Colegio Euro!

Yes, the blog is ugly right now (we started out with a basic white template, one post, two link to collaborate Google Docs over on the right)

.... it's not developed... and there's a reason for it!

I've added just a few functional things, a few pages listed over on the right to get us started.

We'll be building this blog together, choosing how it looks, polishing it, adding functionality, sharing administration of it. It will be an ongoing source for our work this week and possibly into the future.

We'll start the week with some introductions, some stories, and then we'll discuss this piece about teaching children called '100 Reasons.'

Laura's story from Reggio Emilia

We'll review where folks are at with account setups:

Google
Twitter
Delicious and / or Diigo

... and then we'll get to it! I'll explain the scope of the week, class discussions and project exploration work. Looking forward to working with everyone! Adam

3 comments:

  1. Regarding the Ted talk: It is scary, because I couldn't avoid thinking about the fact of having less teachers in the future, but at the same time it is encouraging to keep learning and using technology in my classes. Making the transition from traditional teaching to being a facilitator has not been easy, in fact I am still in the process of making those changes. I have been experiencing that being a facilitator allows me to focus on other things that I didn't have time to before with my students, it also allows me to work more one on one with the students who really need it. I have experienced that being a facilitator has gotten rid of a lot of stress in my teaching!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent, Margarita! Working more with students one on one is very rewarding. Studying more of the Reggio Emilia approach will help open up new resources, techniques, inspiration on this front... as will working with more students and challenging them, supporting them to learn and create.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think about this video (the Indian man) it was amazing the experiment he did, but kids memorized the biology things, they didn´t understand the concepts. I like the comment about changing the teachers for computers, if you can be replace for a computer you don´t deserve to be called teacher.

    ReplyDelete