Friday, August 5, 2011

Claudia's Reflection

Today is the last day of our Master's classes.  We've travelled a long way together and we are about to reach our goal: Graduation!
I'll say, in my opinion, that this class was one of the most "relaxed" classes we have had.  With relaxed I mean...no homework and no readings to be done at home.  Although I can't say the same for the way I felt inside the classroom.  I do believe that a constructivist approach is an excellent one for many students, but I now realize that I'm more of a direct learner.  I felt very frustrated the first days.  I was totally lost.  I tried doing a blog on Monday and... failed.  I tried working on a wiki on Tuesday and... failed.  I tried making a web page on Wednesday and... failed again.  On Thursday I saw how one of my peers was working on a blog.  It was really nice of her to show me how she had done her blog and some of the "tricks" she'd used. That's when I finally saw some "light" and I was able to do my own blog.  Peer coaching rocks!!
I thank Adam for teaching us how to explore, take risks, and challenge ourselves.  I still have a lot to learn and I am really glad to know that I am surrounded by very talented persons who I know will be willing to share their knowledge with me.  Thank you for this very interesting and learn full experience.

2 comments:

  1. It was great working with you Claudia. Taking risks, seeking out new information, and developing strategies to learn... will bring you a long way.

    Searching for 'introduction to photoshop cs5 (as an example) will reveal thousands of great tutorials to help you build skill. Replace photoshop with any program name.

    Working with other though, I think, that's the spice.

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claudia you are right, it is very difficult to take risk, to admit you don`t konw something. I am glad I feel confident about asking help to any of my classmates. It is a great feeling knowing I can ask for help and nobody will criticize me, actually they will be happy helping me, thank you!

    ReplyDelete