Friday, August 5, 2011

Margarita`s Reflection

My greatest challenge in this course is the fact that computers and I don’t get along to well and I use them only because I have to. I have a hard time grasping the steps to follow with the different tools, I think this happens because I want to memorize the steps. I feel that I will never be good with using technology.
At the beginning of the course I felt confused, because I was wondering why would Adam want to share musical videos in a technology class? It’s funny but most of my learning was thanks to these videos: I felt a connection when Adam said that the kids from the Venezuela Orchestra were no good at it when they started, just like me with technology. Another thing that struck me was when the piano player explained how children playing piano improved as the years passed by, but you need to not give up, so you can discover that.
I had been working in class with my team on a blog (with the girls guiding me through I did great), but the day I saw the kids in the orchestra I went home really motivated to create a blog of my own. Although I had to come back to school with some questions for Sofìa and my blog is still pretty simple I feel satisfied by the fact that I made a blog on my own because I took the time to explore it and not just memorize steps. I am not afraid of doing it wrong anymore, because I can just delete and start all over!
Thanks Adam, for helping me understand and accept something so simple, such as doing what I don’t know, so I can learn how to do it!!!

2 comments:

  1. Margarita, Learning how to learn with technology... searching for tutorials on the web... "how to make a blog on blogger" or "introduction to photoshop" will provide great resources. Opening iTunes and searching podcasts... there are tons of resources in there. Keep exploring, Margarita. I think you did an excellent job this week and I really enjoyed learning with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is also very important to experiment with technology without being afraid of breaking it. For the people in the orchestra, if they were afraid of breaking their instruments, they would never learn. Keep up exploring :)

    ReplyDelete