Monday, August 22, 2011

Summer Tech

Hi all! 
My reflection on this course is the following. We are catalogued as digital immigrants. When we where born we didn't have computers (at least not personal computers), we didn't even have cellphones. Some of us where already teenagers when technology started to show up in our lives and some where already working as teachers when this started. Technology hasn't been growing slowly, but in an exponential rate that sometimes can be overwhelming to think about. 
In my case, it's my line of work and I really like technology and I try to understand it as much as possible, but I was very happy to see during our class with Adam that a lot of people who had been having a lot of trouble with technology before, where feeling more and more comfortable with it. I have been teaching a course on blogs for two years now at school where some people from our class has taken the course twice and didn't get to the point they got during that week! Of course, the course @ school is always very limited in time and during this week everyone got to have a whole week to work on something that was very important or interesting to them. The greatest lesson: you're not going to break the computer if you click on everything to figure out how to do different things.

I had a lot of fun in this class and I hope we can all keep in touch. Thanks for the great week and I will miss you all a lot.
Ari :)


No comments:

Post a Comment